Friday, May 15, 2009

The Best Way to Gain Confidence

What is the best way to increase self-confidence and self-esteem? This is something that I was seeking the answer to only a few years ago. After a great deal of studying and reading of literature I have now been able to break free from my fears, phobias and anxieties. I am now a far more confident, happy, content and ultimately more successful human being.

There were five main reasons as to why I had a lack of confidence and a low self-esteem. I had a speech impediment, commonly referred to as a stutter or stammer. I was desperate, for some unknown reason, to be liked and was basically paranoid about what other people thought of me. I had a bald patch on my head and I am also quite short in height in comparison to the average male. I was also over-weight.

At the age of twenty-two I decided to go on a journey of self-improvement. I had had enough of living life in the way that I had been and I therefore wanted to learn about the ways in which I could become a far more confident person, a fluent speaker and I wanted to attain a weight that I was happy with.

The solution to the weight loss was in a way quite easy to find. I was over-weight due to a lack of exercise and because I ate far too much, along with the fact that I was eating the wrong types of food. This was quite easy to understand but to change was far from easy and it did take a long time and a great deal of effort to lose the weight.

Stuttering is a complex impediment but was something I was determined to overcome. I managed to achieve fluency after around eleven months of sheer hard work and determination.

I unfortunately had to accept my lack of height and also the fact that I would have a bald patch on my head for the rest of my life as there was nothing that I could do to change them.

The wanting to be liked and my paranoid ways was something that could be changed. I had to learn how to become a far more care-free person and to accept that not everyone will like me. I had to become a positive thinker and to ignore the negative voices in my head.

I have now mastered all of these areas and life has never been so good.

Steve Hill is a webmaster from Birmingham, he has interests in a number of websites including:

stuttering therapies

gain confidence

No comments:

Post a Comment